NURSING COURSE: M.SC NURSING – 2 YEARS:
The duration of certified study for the M.Sc. Nursing shall extend over a period of two academic years. The aim of MMM College of Nursing, postgraduate program in nursing is to prepare graduates to function in a leadership position in selected areas of clinical speciality, Nursing education, Nursing Administration and in Nursing Research and carryout independent Research Studies.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION:
1. The candidate should be Registered with State Nursing Council.
2. The minimum education requirements shall be the passing of B.Sc. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing
3. The candidate should have undergone B.Sc. Nursing/ Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing in an institution which is recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
4. Minimum one year of work experience in teaching hospital or in a college or in a school of nursing after Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
5. Minimum one year of work experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc.Nursing.
6. Candidate shall be medically fit.
7. In case of male candidates they should have passed any other course recommended by the Indian Nursing Council in place of Midwifery.
8. Every candidate before admission to this course shall submit to the Principal, MMM College of Nursing a certificate of Medical Fitness from an authorized Medical Officer that the candidate is physically fit to undergo the Academic Programme.
Candidate before seeking admission at MMM College of Nursing shall obtain an Eligibility Certificate from the University by remitting the prescribed fees along with the application form which shall be downloaded from the University website (www.tnmgr.ac.in)
Medium of instruction:
English shall be the medium of instruction for all the subjects of study and for examinations of the M.Sc. Degree Nursing course.
Every candidate before admission to the course shall submit the medical fitness certificate from a registered Medical Practitioner that the candidate is physically fit to undergo the academic course and has not suffered from any major disability or any contagious diseases.
1. The application form with the prospectus can be obtained from the Administrative office of the MMM College of Nursing, No.131, Sakthi Nagar, II Avenue , Nolambur, Mogappair West, Chennai – 600 095, with the requisition letter by sending a crossed demand draft of Rs.1000/- drawn in favour of MMM College of Nursing, from any nationalized bank payable at Chennai.
2. Application form should be filled by the candidate in her own hand writing
3. The name of the candidate should be stated in the application and other forms as entered in their Higher Secondary / Pre degree mark sheet.
4. The completed application form should be submitted together with the following:
i) Xerox copy of the transfer certificate issued by the head of the institution where last studied.
ii) Xerox copy of the +2 / pre degree mark list. If it is in any other language other than English, it has to be translated in English and attested by the Principal of the school. If subjects are written in code, the copy of the page where the expansion of the code is given has to be sent along with the mark list.
iii) Xerox copy of B.Sc(N) / PB.B.Sc (N) Degree Certificate.
iv) Xerox copy of experience certificate.
Note – Admission is subject to verification of mark list by the Director of Government examinations and if the mark sheet is found to be not genuine, admission is liable for cancellation besides criminal action being taken.
v)Xerox copy of the secondary school leaving certificate.
vi)Xerox copy of the Conduct certificate from the head of the institution last attended.
vii)A self addressed envelope with the stamp of Rs.5/- affixed.
Enclose only the photo copy of certificates. Do not enclose any original certificates. Copies of the certificates once submitted will not be returned.
5. The information given in the application form should be factual. False Information or suppression of actual information in the application will result in candidate being disqualified irrespective of stage of the course at which the candidate may be at the time of detection.
6. The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR medical University also will verify the eligibility of the
7. The filled in application form with five recent passport size photographs should reach The Principal, MMM College of Nursing, No.131, Sakthi Nagar, II nd Avenue,Nolambur, Mogappair West, Chennai – 600095, Tamil Nadu. (Ph : 044 – 26535001 / 26535003) belated or incomplete application form without necessary enclosures will be rejected.
8. Quote your application number in all further correspondence.
9. Application fee once paid will not be refunded.
10. Produce the certificate for Hepatitis B. Vaccination
Mode of Selection And Admission
1.The candidate will be notified about the personal interview which includes written and viva.
2. At the time of interview the candidate should have with her the original secondary
school leaving certificate, mark list of qualifying examination, TC issued by the institution last attended and all other necessary certificates and physical fitness certificate.
3. The selected candidate on admission should submit the eligibility certificate
obtained from The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University, at 69, Anna Salai,
Guindy, Chennai – 600 032, except those who have done the qualifying
examination (state board) conducted by the Government of Tamilnadu.
A candidate admitted in the Msc (N) PG Degree course in Nursing has to register his/her name with The Tamilnadu Dr.M.G.R.Medical university by submittimg the prescribed application form along with a prescribed fee.
Commencement of the course:
This course will commence from the 1st June and 1st September of the academic year.
Working days in the academic year:
Each academic year shall consist of not less than 270 working days.
Principal, MMM College of Nursing, 131, Sakthi Nagar, Mogappair West, Nolambur, Chennai– 95
Ph : 044 – 26535001 /02 / 03.
MMM College of Nursing is positioned within an environment that respects the individual, fosters diversity, promotes community, cultivates life-long learning, and makes excellence an imperative. The action plans for education, research, and practice are located within the context of three organizing principles:
As foundational elements, these principles inform and guide all activities for faculty, students, and staff.
G.O. G.O.No.293 dated 11.08.2007
TNMC • Ref No.135/NC/2012 DT 11/05/2012 (2012-2013)- BSc(N)
• Ref No.3994/MSc/2012 DT 11/05/2012 (2012-2013)- MSc(N)
• Ref No.3993/(PBBSc(N)) NC/2012 DT 11/05/2012 (2012-2013) )
INC • F.No.02/Mar/2013 DT 13/03/2013 (2013-2014)- BSc(N)
• F.No.02/Mar/2013 DT 13/ 03/2013 (2013 – 2014) )-MSc(N)
• F.No.02/Mar/2013 DT 13/03/2013 (2013 – 2014) -PBBSc(N)
Affiliation to The Tamilnadu Dr.MGR Medical University, Chennai • Proc.No.Affl.VI(1)/17305/2012 DT 24/12/2012 (2012-2013)-BSc(N)
• Proc.No.Affl.II(2)/13744/2012DT 15/05/2013 (2012-2013)-MSc(N)
• Proc.No.Affl.VI(1)/15287/2012 DT 17/11/2012 (2012-2013)- PBBSc(N)
Seats Sanctioned by INC, TNNMC, The Tamil Nadu Dr.MGR Medical University
Sl.No Respective Council/University B.Sc (N) PBBSc (N) M.Sc (N)
1. Indian Nursing Council 60 20 15
2. Tamil Nadu Nurses & Midwives Council 50 20 15
3. The Tamil Nadu Dr.MGR Medical University 50 20 15