Post Basic B.Sc Nursing – 2 Years:
The duration of certified study for the Post Basic B.Sc. Degree course in Nursing shall extend over a period of two academic years. The course commence from 1st August of the academic year. University examinations are conducted during the month of August of each year (non semester pattern). Medium of instruction is English for all the subjects of study and for the examinations. MMM College of Nursing provides rich clinical experience and students will be posted in MMM Hospitals, different tie up hospitals, and rural & urban health posts.
270 working days in an academic year is compulsory. A candidate must have 90% attendance in theory and 100% attendance in practical in each subject for appearing for the examination.
candidate must have 100% attendance in each of the practical areas before award of the degree.
The Internal assessment consists of the following points for evaluation :-
• Theory – Unit test (min 3) / Sessional Exam (3) & Model exams (3) conducted during the academic year
• Practical / Clinical evaluation + clinical practical exam (3) + model exam (3) and viva
The aggregate marks in each subject (of theory, practicals and viva voce) scored by the student will be sent to the University once in 3 months as internal assessment marks. The internal marks should be a minimum of 35% marks in all the subjects is mandatory for permitting the candidates for University examinations.
Eligibility for Admission:
Candidates belonging to all categories for admission to the course of Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing
(a) Should have qualified in Diploma in Nursing and be a registered Nurse and Midwife in the Tamil Nadu Nursing Council or any other State Nursing Council also register in the Tamil Nadu Nursing Council accepted by the authority of this University.
(b) After GNM with the Registration certificate from the State Nursing Council, the candidate can be permitted to join in Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing without work experience.
(c) If the registration certificate cannot be obtained immediately, the original evidence for registration in the form of receipt or any other authenticated document from the office of the State Nursing Council will be acceptable in lieu of the Registration Certificate.
(d) A male nurse, trained before the implementation of the new integrated course besides being registered as a nurse with State Nurses Registration Council, shall produce evidence of training approved by Indian Nursing Council for a similar duration in lieu of in any one of the following areas:
• O.T. Techniques
• Ophthalmic Nursing
• Leprosy Nursing
• TB Nursing
• Psychiatric Nursing
• Neurological and Neuro Surgical Nursing
• Community Health Nursing
• Cancer Nursing
• Orthopaedic Nursing
• Occupational Nursing
(e) To be eligible for admission to this course, a candidate shall have:
(i) Passed the Higher Secondary or Senior Secondary or Intermediate or 10+2 or an equivalent examination recognized by the University for this purpose. Those who have done 10 + 1 in or before 1986, will be eligible for admission.
(ii) Obtained a certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery and registered as R.N.R.M. with the State Nursing Registration Council.
(iii) Every candidate before admission to the course shall submit to the Principal of the institution a certificate of medical fitness from an authorized medical officer that the candidate is physically fit to undergo the academic course.
Upper age limit:
• There shall be no upper age limit for admission to the first year of post basic B.Sc. Degree Course in Nursing.
• Candidates before seeking admission shall obtain an Eligibility Certificate from the University by remitting the prescribed fees along with the application form.
• Every candidate before admission to the course shall submit the medical fitness certificate from a registered Medical Practitioner that the candidate is physically fit to undergo the academic course and has not suffered from any major disability or any contagious diseases.
1. The application form with the prospectus can be obtained from the Administrative office of the MMM College of Nursing, No.131, Sakthi Nagar, II Avenue , Nolambur, Mogappair West, Chennai – 600 095, with the requisition letter by sending a crossed demand draft of Rs.1000/- drawn in favour of MMM College of Nursing, from any nationalized bank payable at Chennai.
2. Application form should be filled by the candidate in her own hand writing
3. The name of the candidate should be stated in the application and other forms as entered in their Higher Secondary / Pre degree mark sheet.
4. The completed application form should be submitted together with the following:
i) Xerox copy of the transfer certificate issued by the head of the institution Where last studied.
ii) Xerox copy of the +2 / pre degree mark list. If it is in any other language other than English, it has to be translated in English and attested by the Principal of the school. If subjects are written in code, the copy of the page where the expansion of the code is given has to be sent along with the mark list.
Note – Admission is subject to verification of mark list by the Director of Government examinations and if the mark sheet is found to be not genuine, admission is liable for cancellation besides criminal action being taken.
iii) Xerox copy of the secondary school leaving certificate.
iv) Xerox copy of the Conduct certificate from the head of the institution last attended.
v) A self addressed envelope with the stamp of Rs.5/- affixed.
Enclose only the photo copy of certificates. Do not enclose any original certificates.
Copies of the certificates once submitted will not be returned.
5. The information given in the application form should be factual. False Information or suppression of actual information in the application will result in candidate being disqualified irrespective of stage of the course at which the candidate may be at the time of detection
6. The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR medical University also will verify the eligibility of the candidate.
7. The filled in application form with five recent passport size photographs should reach
The Principal, MMM College of Nursing, No.131, Sakthi Nagar, II nd Avenue, Nolambur, Mogappair West, Chennai – 600095, Tamil Nadu. (Ph : 044 – 26535001 / 26535003).
• Belated or incomplete application form without necessary enclosures will be rejected.
• 8. Quote your application number in all further correspondence.
• 9. Application fee once paid will not be refunded.
• 10. Produce the certificate for Hepatitis B. Vaccination
Mode of selection and admission:
• 1. The candidate will be notified about the personal interview.
• 2. At the time of interview the candidate should have with her the original secondary school leaving certificate, mark list of qualifying examination, TC issued by the institution last attended and all other necessary certificates and physical fitness certificate.
• 3. The selected candidate on admission should submit the eligibility certificate obtained from The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University, at 69, Anna Salai, Guindy,
Chennai – 600 032, except those who have done the qualifying examination (state board) conducted by the Government of Tamilnadu.
• A candidate admitted in the PBBS.c Degree course in Nursing has to register his/her name with The Tamilnadu Dr.M.G.R.Medical university by submittimg the prescribed application form along with a prescribed fee within 60 days from the cut-off date prescribed for the course for admission.
Commencement of the Examination : The University examinations commence from 1 st August of every year and arrear exams from 1st, February every year. If the date of commencement falls on Saturdays, Sundays or declared Public holidays, his examination shall begin on the next working day.
Re-Admission After Break Of Study
• The regulations for re-admission are as per the University Common Regulation for Re-admission after break of study for all courses.