Basic B.Sc. Nursing – 4 years
Course Description :
The duration of the course shall be 4 years including internship. The course commences from 1 st August of the academic year. University examinations are conducted during the month of August of each year (non semester pattern). Medium of instruction is English for all the subjects of study and for the examinations. MMM College of Nursing provides rich clinical experience and students will be posted in MMM Hospitals, different tie up hospitals, and rural & urban health posts.
Attendance : 240 working days in an academic year is compulsory. A candidate must have 90% attendance in theory and 100% attendance in practical for appearing for the examination.
The Internal assessment consists of the following points for evaluation :-
• Theory – Unit test (min 3) / Sessional Exam (3) & Model exams (3) conducted during the academic year
• Practical / Clinical evaluation + clinical practical exam (3) + model exam (3) and viva
The aggregate marks in each subject (of theory, practicals and viva voce) scored by the student will be sent to the University once in 3 months as internal assessment marks. The internal marks should be a minimum of 35% marks in all the subjects is mandatory for permitting the candidates for University examinations.
Commencement of the Examination : The University examinations commence from 1 st August of every year and arrear exams from 1st, February every academic year.
Marks required for a pass:
• 50% of marks in each of the theory and practical paper separately
• 40% marks in English only
• 50% of marks in aggregate in theory, practical, Internal Assessment and oral taken together
• A candidate has to pass in theory and practical exam separately in each of the paper
• If a candidate fails in either theory or practical paper, she has to reappear for both the papers (theory and practical)
• A candidate failing in more than two subjects will not be promoted to next year
• The maximum period to complete the course successfully should not exceed 8 years
Admission Procedure :
Eligibility for Admission
• Should have passed the qualifying examination (Higher Secondary / Predegree) after a period of 12 years of study from a recognized board / University with science (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) and English with minimum of 45% aggregate marks in above mentioned 4 subjects (PCBE) and for SC / ST candidates, the aggregate marks in PCBE subject is 40%.
• Only unmarried female candidates are eligible to apply.
• Minimum age of admission shall be 17 years on or before 31 st December of the year of admission.
• The candidate shall be medically fit
The candidate who has passed any qualifying examination, other than the higher secondary course examination conducted by the Government of Tamilnadu, before seeking admission, shall obtain an eligibility certificate from the Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University by remitting the prescribed fees along with the application form which shall be downloaded from the University website (www.tnmmu.ac.in)
Every candidate before admission to the course shall submit the medical fitness certificate from a Medical Superintendent, that the candidate is physically fit to undergo the academic course and shall not suffer from any major disability or any contagious diseases.
• The application form with the prospectus can be obtained from the Administrative office of ‘The Madras Medical Mission’, 4-A, Dr.J. Jayalalitha Nagar, Mogappair, Chennai – 600 037, with the requisition letter by sending a crossed demand draft of Rs. 1000/-drawn in favour of ‘The Madras Medical Mission’, from any nationalized bank, payable at Chennai.
• Application form should be filled by the candidate in her own hand writing.
• The name of the candidate should be stated in the application and other forms as entered in their Higher Secondary / Predegree mark sheet.
The completed application form should be submitted with the following
• Xerox copy of the transfer certificate issued by the head of the institution where last studied.
• Xerox copy of the +2 / Pre degree mark list. If it is any other language other than English, it has to be translated in English and attested by the Principal of the School. If subjects are written in code, the copy of the page where the expansion of the code is given has to be sent along with the mark list.
Note – Admission is subject to verification of mark list by the Director of Government examinations and if the mark sheet is found to be bogus, admission is liable for cancellation besides criminal action being taken.
• Xerox copy of the secondary school leaving certificate.
• Conduct certificate from the head of the institution last attended.
• A self addressed envelope with the stamp of Rs. 5/- affixed.
• Enclose only the photo copy of certificates. Do no enclose any original certificates. Copies of the certificates once submitted will not be returned.
The information given in the application form should be factual. False information or suppression of actual information in the application will result in candidate being disqualified irrespective of stage of the course at which the candidate may be at the time of detection.
The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University also will verify the eligibility of the candidate.
• The filled in application form with the recent passport size photograph should reach The Principal, MMM College of Nursing, 4-A, Dr.J.J. Nagar, Mogappair, Chennai – 600037. (Ph : 044 – 26565961 / 26565991 ) on or before 30 th, June, every year. Belated or incomplete application form without necessary enclosures will be rejected.
• Quote your application number in all further correspondence
• Application fee once paid will not be refunded.
• Produce the certificate for Hepatitis B. Vaccination
Mode of Selection and Admission
• The candidate will be notified about the written test and personal interview
• At the time of interview, the candidate should have with her the original secondary school leaving certificate, mark list of qualifying examination, TC issued by the institution last attended and all other necessary certificates and physical fitness certificate.
• The selected candidate on admission should submit the eligibility certificate from ‘The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University’, at 69 Anna Salai, Guindy, Chennai – 600 032, except those who have done the qualifying examination (state board) conducted by the Government of Tamilnadu.